Permanent contract starting January 2024
This role would be appropriate for someone early in their career or recently completing an apprenticeship
30 hours a week, 38 weeks a year plus three days INSET
Job share could be considered
SCP 6 £23,893 pro rata, term time only, which equals £14,341.89 per annum
Part Time; 30 hours per week
Based throughout the school, Years 7 – 11
● For the right candidate we could consider an appointment at a senior teaching assistant level Scale Point 14 with commensurate responsibilities that would be discussed at interview.
● If this opportunity is of interest to you please make this clear in your application form.
The Governing Body wishes to appoint an enthusiastic and dedicated Teaching Assistant who is passionate about making a difference to children’s progress and attainment. Under the supervision of the Headteacher and SENDCo, they will undertake a range of varied tasks to support teaching and learning, working with individuals, small groups of pupils or in class. The work involved will depend on the age of the children and their individual needs, but may include:
– working within the class supporting whole class teaching
– delivering small group and 1:1 sessions as directed by the class teacher
– providing feedback to the class teacher on pupil progress
– taking part in whole school daily tasks, break duty, creating displays, and attending staff meetings as required
– providing one to one care and support for physically impaired students
– keeping records and attending review meetings
– complying with all school policies and procedures
– supporting provision in all curriculum areas
The appointed candidate will be someone who:
– is motivated, organised and committed
– has high expectations of all children
– is able to work as part of a team, both under direction and under their own steam
– has energy, enthusiasm and a love of learning which they are able to instil in our pupils.
– has good classroom presence and behaviour management skills
– has the ability to provide excellent in-class support or run small groups/interventions
– has excellent communication skills to develop good relationships with colleagues, children and parents
– is committed to providing high quality care in a safe environment
– has a patient, cheerful and enthusiastic personality
– has an understanding of the importance of safeguarding and keeping children safe
An NVQ Level 3 qualification for Teaching Assistants, equivalent or higher such as satisfactory completion of a National Teaching Assistant apprenticeship, is required as is recent experience of working in a school setting.
John Ruskin School is committed to safeguarding and the promotion of wellbeing for all children. The successful candidate will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check and all relevant pre-recruitment checks.
Person specification and job description available below. Job application form is available on the blue button at the top of this Vacancies page.
To discuss the role, please do not hesitate to contact Peter Blackburn, Head Teacher
Tel: 015394 41306
Closing date: Wednesday 29 November Interviews: Date to be arranged